other questions can be asked on the contact form
Is a permit required for a portable sign?
Yes, portable sign permits must be obtained from Inspections and Licening. A fee will be applied to each permit, depending on the township.
Where can the sign be located? The sign must be placed on the location noted on the approved permit application. A portable sign cannot:
* be located closer than 100 metres to any other portable sign
* be closer than 1.5 metres to a property line
* be within 3.0 metres of any access to or from a property or within 10 metres of any intersection
* interfere with pedestrian or vehicular traffic
* be located on public property
How long can a sign be displayed?
The maximum length of time a portable sign can remain in place is 60 days, twice in one calendar year. Signs must be removed on or before the expiration date of the permit.